Sunday, October 12, 2008

Cruisin






Day 1 Sunday
We flew to Houston and took a shuttle bus to the port. We had to wait in line for an hour and a half to get on the ship, and finally got on about 2:00. We immediately hit the buffet while we waited for our luggage to come. Yummy! Then we checked out our room, and the rest of the ship. It is huge. We are on the same floor as the buffet, so we don’t have to walk far, but we take the stairs all the time. Plus there is a walking track. Our luggage finally came just before 6, but we took off for the dinner. We eat at six in this fancy restaurant. You pick off the menu and they treat you so wonderfully. There is always a show after dinner. That night it was a variety show with dancers.


Day 2 and 3 were Days at Sea. We ate and ate and ate and walked the track 3 times a day. We also swam in the pool. It is salt water, but the hot tub is not. I got a nice little sunburn. But I really look a lot better with sun on me. The weather is sunny and blue skies. We basically did whatever we wanted to all day long.
I celebrated my birthday on Day 3. We ate at the fancy restaurant and I had two Chocolate Melting Cakes! Then the waiters brought another small cake with a candle on it and sang to me. Can’t believe I’m 50!

No comments: