Monday, March 10, 2008

California

Here are a couple of pictures of our trip so far. We got bumped off our flights on Friday. Rich made it down to Las Vegas on Saturday and went to spend the day with Mandi and Ben in Utah. Kevin and I got bumped, but made the next flight out on Saturday night. We spent the night in Las Vegas and Rich came to pick us up.

Sunday we drove the 6+ hours to Escondido and spent the night. We were able to see some friends, the Haskells, that used to live in Alaska. It was nice to visit with them. They were very close to our hotel in Escondido.

We got up today and went to the Wild Animal Park. It is like Kenya, but of course, not as exciting. But, we enjoyed seeing the African Animals and taking a "safari" trip around the park. And the weather.....beautiful flowers and foliage. Green! Blue sky! Warm! I didn't slip on any ice today! What a relief. T

Then we drove another hour down to San Diego, and came to the hotel that we all stayed at for the Jonsson Family Reunion several years ago. Rich sure gets stressed out driving with all this traffic. I offered to drive, but he never lets me! We picked up some groceries at the commisary, had some lunch, and headed to the hotel. We spent a little time on the beach. Kevin and I got a little sunburn today! It is beautiful weather.

Tomorrow Kevin wanted to spend the whole day on the beach, so we will try that!

Did I say that the weather is nice? I think I have been in Alaska too long.

No comments: